Saturday, November 29, 2008

I spent $1 at the Dollar Store and it ended up costly me $100

Never buy Dollar Store Measuring Spoons. Shortly after Pepe and I were married, we saw some really nice stainless steal measuring spoons at the Dollar Store. We thought, on my, what a great deal!

Just this week I put two and two together when I was making Jiffy Rolls for Thanksgiving.

My measuring spoons have the wrong labels on them.

The tablespoons are actually labeled as teaspoons.

I'm sure this is how the conversation went at the manufacturing plant:
Quality Control Guy #1 -"Oh shoot, the engraving is supposed to say, TBSP not TSP."

Quality Control Guy #2 - "Ahh, don't worry. It's just one letter missing. Those Americans won't notice."

Quality Control Guy #1 - "Yeah, let's ship these off to the Dollar Store, that's were those American suckers will buy anything if it's just a dollar."

Quality Control Guy #2 - "You're right, I think they'd even buy used toilet paper if it was only a dollar."
They were right, I was the sucker who bought these and I probably ruined over $100 in food (and bruised by homemaker ego) by trying to be thrifty buying $1 measuring spoons.

To be honest, ever since we've been married, all my baked goods turned out awful, too salty, too yeasty, too much of something. Even though I learned how to cook from my mom and had made lots of decent baked good when I was younger, I just marked it up to the fact that maybe I didn't really know how to cook. Now, I know why.

Sorry to anyone who has had to eat any of my baked goods the past 4 years.

2 comments:

Maritime Girl said...

you are a good cook joni. sorry that had to happen to you joni. SM

m2d said...

oh that stinks. i've tasted your food and you're right it was always too salty. j/k. i never noticed, but i am sorry that happened to you.